$350 plus applicable taxes
RAIC Members (view Membership forms)
Submissions will be judged on the following criteria:
- Degree of resolution of all required aspects and details of the project;
- Complexity of the project;
- Ingenuity in the communication of ideas and development of the construction documents;
- New solutions to achieve sustainability.
(A separate submission form and payment must be made for each entry.)
Please note that binders, including hardcopies of project images, are no longer accepted. For each entry, a printed copy of the submission form must be included in the submission package, along with a cheque and two duplicate CD-ROMs: Each submission may not exceed a maximum of 25 pages and should include the following material:
- Completed submission form with payment;
- A project credit sheet;
- A 500-word project description outlining the objectives and significance of the project. This text should be conceived to be accessible to the general public.
- A 100-word media statement crafted for website postings and media campaign requirements. This statement must be saved in PDF or MS Word format on the CD-ROMs.
A three-page written summary. Innovations in quantifiables areas should be supported with measurable comparisons and data; the summary must also answer the following questions, where applicable:
What is the specific performance improvement/enhancement of this particular innovation? (Science)
What are the broader implications to other projects of this innovation? (any category)
How does this innovation further the practice of architecture? (Business/Practice)
- Images (photos, drawings, graphics, diagrams, plans, etc.) necessary to describe the innovation must be provided on CD;
- A numerical index listing all photos and providing full photo credit information, including photographer/agency name;
- In the case of collaborations, the submission must include a clear description of the role of each individual;
- A signed declaration by the RAIC member.
All submission materials must be included electronically in PDF format or MS Word on two CD-ROMs (view the technical guidelines for submitting electronic material).
All winning entries will be kept by the RAIC for publication, exhibition and archival purposes. Unsuccessful entries will not be returned.
All submissions must be received by the RAIC office before 4:00 p.m. ET, January 24, 2019. Entrants are solely responsible for timely submissions. This date is firm without exception.
Submissions must be sent to:
Royal Architectural Institute of Canada
330 - 55 Murray St.
For more information:
Tel.: 613-241-3600, ext. 214
The following forms are in PDF format and can be filled out electronically.