$50 plus applicable taxes
The Allied Arts Medal is awarded:
- for recognition of outstanding creative achievement in the arts in any medium which are allied to architecture; for example, mural paintings, sculpture, decoration, stained glass, industrial design, etc.
- for artwork in Canada, created by a Canadian resident.
- for artwork anywhere, created by a Canadian artist.
Please note that binders, including hardcopies of project images, are no longer accepted. For each entry, a printed copy of the submission form must be included in the package, along with two duplicate CD-ROMs. Each submission may not exceed a maximum of 25 pages and should include the following material:
- Completed submission form;
- A report which, summarizes the contributions of the artist to the field of architecture (not to exceed three pages). The report should cover significant contributions made by the artist to architecture;
- List of the artist’s significant works which have contributed to architectural projects since 1995;
- Background information such as awards, media clippings, publications, copies of articles from journals, etc.
- A 500-word project description outlining the objectives and significance of the project. This text should be conceived to be accessible to the general public.
- A maximum of 40 electronic images representing the artist’s work, which will include projects completed during the last ten years or more.
- A numerical index listing all photos and providing full photo credit information, including photographer/agency name.
- A signed declaration by the artist.
All submission materials must be included electronically in PDF format or MS Word on two CD-ROMs (view the technical guidelines for submitting electronic material).
All winning entries will be kept by the RAIC for publication, exhibition and archival purposes. Unsuccessful entries will not be returned.
All submissions must be received by the RAIC office before 4:00 p.m. ET, January 24, 2019. Entrants are solely responsible for timely submissions. This date is firm without exception.
Submissions must be sent to:
Royal Architectural Institute of Canada
330 - 55 Murray St.
For more information:
Tel.: 613-241-3600, ext. 214
The following forms are in PDF format and can be filled out electronically.