- Any resident of Canada is eligible for this award.
- Any person who is nominated by five (5) RAIC members and who has demonstrated over a period of time support for architects and architecture, or who has championed the cause of architecture, or acted as a benefactor of architecture. (View membership forms)
- The recipient must grant permission for the unrestricted publication of the submission material by the RAIC.
Please note that binders, including hardcopies of project images, are no longer accepted. For each entry, a printed copy of the nomination form must be included in the submission package, along with two duplicate CD-ROMs. Each submission may not exceed a maximum of 25 pages and should include the following material:
- A nomination form signed by the five nominators who are RAIC members;
- A current résumé of the nominee;
- A two-page report, summarizing the activities of the individual, that demonstrates ongoing commitment to and support for, architects and the architectural profession;
- Letters of support from five RAIC members, not necessarily the nominating architects;
- Supporting material, which can include background information such as awards, media clippings, publications, copies of articles from journals, images, etc., not exceeding 25 pages;
- A numerical index listing all photos and providing full credit information, including photographer/agency name. All graphic images must be provided on CD;
- A signed declaration by one of the RAIC members.
All submission materials must be included electronically in PDF format or MS Word on two CD-ROMs (view the technical guidelines for submitting electronic material).
All winning entries will be kept by the RAIC for publication, exhibition and archival purposes. Unsuccessful entries will not be returned.
All nominations must be received by the RAIC office before 4:00 p.m. ET, January 24, 2019. Entrants are solely responsible for timely submissions. This date is firm without exception.
Nominations must be sent to:
Royal Architectural Institute of Canada
330 - 55 Murray St.
For more information:
Tel.: 613-241-3600, ext. 214
The following forms are in PDF format and can be filled out electronically.