The Royal Architectural Institute of Canada Foundation (RAICF) is seeking a part-time Executive Director. The RAICF is a charitable organization governed by a Board of Trustees and its Executive Committee. The RAICF administers various programs in the architectural field including scholarships, research, and architectural prizes.
The candidate should have general knowledge of the architectural profession, architectural education, and the Royal Architectural Institute of Canada. Fluency in both English and French is an asset. Since the interaction with the Executive and the Trustees is primarily carried out through electronic means, residence anywhere in Canada is acceptable. Compensation will be negotiated with the Executive and will result in a contractual hourly rate. The level of effort, based on experience, is 15 to 30 hours per month.
For more information about the RAICF, please see https://www.raicf.ca.
Inquiries should be addressed to Foundation Chair Stuart Howard at email@example.com.
Services required by the RAIC Foundation
The services required are in support of the administration of the Foundation.
These include but are not limited to the following:
1. To develop revised By-laws, as required, for the consideration and approval of the Board of Trustees.
2. To prepare drafts of Memoranda of Understanding between the Foundation and other organizations for the consideration and approval of the Foundation.
3. To prepare reports for discussion by the Executive Committee and/or the Board of Trustees on subjects of interest to the Foundation as requested by the Secretary-Treasurer.
4. To review and recommend for approval to the Executive all invoices receivable and payable.
5. To review and recommend financial reports submitted to the Executive Committee and/or the Board of Trustees and review investment reports, on a quarterly basis.
6. To assist in the preparation of correspondence for the consideration and signature of the Trustees having signing authority as granted by the By-laws of the Foundation.
7. To assist in the preparation of meeting agendas, discussion documents, and background documents for the Board of Trustees, the Executive Committee, and other Foundation committees that may be created from time to time.
8. To attend all sessions of the Board of Trustees, the Executive Committee and act as clerk thereof and record all votes and minutes of all proceedings in the books to be kept for that purpose.
9. The Consultant shall assist the Secretary-Treasurer to give notice of all meetings of the Executive Committee and the Board of Trustees.