Want exceptional experience with a well-respected architecture and engineering firm? Tired of long commutes to work? Are you an outdoor explorer by nature? Does your perfect day end by the lake?
We are seeking a technologist in the architectural discipline with a minimum of 2 years post-education experience. The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating, executing and managing production of commercial, residential and institutional projects from the planning and conceptual stages through contract documents production, tendering and total contract completion. The candidate will lend assistance to the Project Architect and Engineer in all aspects of a project including design development, client presentations, working drawings, coordination of other disciplines, specification-writing and contract administration. This is a full time permanent position.
Translate Senior/Project Architect’s design concept sketches into presentation materials, working drawings and tender documents under guidance of senior staff.
Attend project sites for documentation and site reviews.
Manage drawing files, and coordinate work of other disciplines.
Requirements for this position include:
• Diploma in Architectural Technology from 3-year college program or an undergraduate degree in architectural field from an accredited Canadian university;
• Minimum 2 years in an architectural firm or equivalent experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication in English and good interpersonal skills.
• High level of proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, MS Word, Excel, Sketchup and Photoshop or Adobe Illustrator.
• Excellent time management, self-motivated, excellent organizational skills.
• an ability to generate design development drawings;
• an ability to produce accurate detailed working and construction drawings from unique and complex project programs while adhering to CAD standards;
• Good working knowledge of building systems and detailing, thorough knowledge of Ontario Building Code or National Building Code of Canada, and Canadian building and energy standards;
• capable of performing on-site field reviews;
• capable of independent work to strict project deadlines, balancing multiple priorities/tasks; and
• an ability to develop strong working relationships with our multi-disciplinary team.
• Valid Unrestricted Driver’s Licence and own vehicle.
• Candidate must pass OPP Security Clearance and MGS Contractor Security Screening.
Keewatin-Aski Ltd. Consulting Engineers & Architect is a team of experienced professionals practicing for over 30 years in Northwestern Ontario.
We offer an opportunity to join a respected engineering and architectural practice located in a growing Northern Ontario community. The successful candidate will work alongside like minded professionals in a fast-paced working environment. Now in our 33rd year of operation, we offer an attractive remuneration and benefits package commensurate with experience.
Please submit your cover letter, resume and portfolio to the email address indicated with ‘Architectural Technologist’ in the subject line.
We thank all applicants in advance but only those under consideration will be contacted.
Closing Date: December 20, 2017 (11:59 p.m. CDT)