CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. Through our three major businesses – Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Capital Markets Banking – we provide a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around the world. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders. To learn more about CIBC’s Lines of Business, please visit our website.
CIBC delivers access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance – so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business successes, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of this success and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all employees can excel.
CIBC is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse team of employees who reflect the communities in which we live and work.
To learn more about CIBC and the CIBC Group of Companies please visit CIBC.com.
The mandate of Corporate Services is to provide exceptional, consistent and trusted real estate, sourcing and settlement services utilizing disciplined governance to enable CIBC to effectively execute against its business priorities. Corporate Real Estate is part of the Corporate Services team and has a mandate to effectively manage the cost, quality, flexibility and risk of CIBC’s global real estate portfolio by focusing on 4 priorities:
1. Be a trusted and valued partner aligned with client’s business needs
2. Be industry leading stewards of CIBC’s real estate
3. Be streamlined, efficient and clear in service delivery
4. Build and grow a team of committed, high performing real estate professionals recognized as leaders in the industry
Corporate Real Estate is responsible for development, special projects & initiatives including activities such as Office Portfolio Strategy, Workplace Strategy, and Sustainability Strategy.
As a Sr. Consultant, Workplace Standards, Design & Innovation, you will join CIBC’s Corporate Real Estate team to develop and maintain our workplace design standards with the goal of creating a consistent, identifiable, safe and healthy workplace as well as bring innovation to our workplace strategies.
What You’ll Be Doing
1) Researching and providing best practice, industry standard recommendations on workplace design standards.
- Reviewing existing CIBC Standards and assessing viability of existing kit of parts – CIBC@work, Wealth, Retail, Corporate Office & INTRIA etc. standards.
- Developing and managing design standards budget for work performed by our Architecture and Design services supplier; track expenditures; and resolution to any discrepancies.
2) Communicating design standards to stakeholders, including relationship managers, project managers, suppliers, and external vendors and providing support to internal partners. This includes hosting monthly design standards meetings.
- Acting as a liaison to the Relationship Management Team to ensure that design standards meet the requirements of our internal business partners and to provide solutions to translate business needs and objectives into reality.
- Acting as a liaison to the Project Management Team to ensure that design standards are followed during construction, receiving feedback on improvements and value engineering opportunities.
- Providing direction to our Architecture and Design services supplier to update and develop design standards catalogues and toolkits.
3) Providing insight to industry trends, advancements in products and value engineering opportunities.
- Managing design changes from concept to implementation to ensure smooth transition to new designs and strategies.
- Working with CIBC Maintenance & Operations team to better understand issues at existing premises and review opportunities for improvements.
- Developing relationships with new supplier and acting as the business sponsor in the development of service agreements with new suppliers for CIBC finishes and furniture.
4) Establishing/maintaining a Standards Committee to include all key Stakeholders within CRE, CIBC partners and external vendors.
5) Act as a resource to other CIBC areas in reviewing the application of new or revised standards, processes and procedures, and compliance with internal regulations:
- Lead projects of a moderate to high level of complexity to enhance and upgrade new and existing programs, products or services by researching relevant data and developing proposals and recommendations.
- Participate in other's projects to represent the area of specialization and provide input into the development and implementation of policy and program initiatives.
6) Engage in continuous learning in order to remain current on changing processes and technologies. Maintain "currency" in professional and specialized knowledge sufficient to provide value-added consulting to clients on an ongoing basis, including the maintenance of:
- Relevant subject/functional area, industry and organizational knowledge (e.g. relevant practices, principles and technologies).
- Professional contacts.
What We’re Looking For
- Passionate innovators, creators, collaborators, and leaders who are up for the challenge of building the bank of the future and delivering solutions that meet our clients’ changing needs
- Bachelors or equivalent degree in Architecture, Interior Design, or related field
- 5+ years of working experience as an Interior Designer, Architect, or comparable role
- Active/Licensed member of ARIDO (Association of Registered Interior Designers of Ontario) or OAA (Ontario Associations of Architects)
- Plan within a design standards budget of approximately $250,000
- Interpret changing real estate needs and provide design solutions
- Provide technical guidance to internal partners on design standards
- Provide insight and knowledge on current trends and innovations
- Apply change management process to ensure smooth transition during major design concept changes
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Manage multiple priorities concurrently
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Good working knowledge of codes, industry practices and interior design products
What CIBC Can Offer You
- The opportunity to be part of a team that continues to advance CIBC as the market leader in innovative technology
- An environment where you can build easy, flexible, and personalized banking solutions for CIBC clients while broadening your technical knowledge and expertise
- An organization that focuses on managing and developing talent with exceptional training, rotational experience, exposure, and mentorship opportunities
- The chance to network and work with senior leaders across Technology and our bank
- Workplace accommodation solutions and assistive technologies that remove functional barriers
- Flexible health benefits, stock purchase plan, competitive incentive pay and recognition programs
- Competitive salary and employee banking benefits
- The opportunity to be involved in CIBC community investment and corporate sponsorship events such as Run for the Cure,
What You Need To Know
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit or study permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role
- Fast-paced environment with tight timelines and competing priorities
- Ability to concentrate in a noisy environment is necessary when designing
- Working with multiple clients in different businesses and locations
- This role operates within a Mobile Workplace Strategy, a flexible and mobile way of working, enabling employees to work more effectively in their office space, and certain employees to work effectively from other locations (i.e. other CIBC offices, on the road, client/vendor sites), which may include working from home
Applicants please apply directly on-line: