Thinkspace Architecture Planning Interior Design has been providing professional architectural services since 1963. With offices located in Surrey and Kelowna BC, we have a significant portfolio of new construction, renovations, additions, upgrades and planning projects. These include numerous civic buildings, post-secondary, and institutional projects ranging up to $50 million in value. At Thinkspace we are genuinely interested and invested in the people we work with, the clients we serve and the communities we help to shape. We are true believers in Life Long Learning and support staff in attending continuing education courses to advance in their chosen career path. We are always looking for talented individuals who share our passion. To learn more about our firm, please visit our website at www.thinkspace.ca
Our Surrey office currently has an exciting opportunity for a Spec Writer/Senior Technologist/Project Manager. The ideal candidate will have excellent technical knowledge and management skills. Well rounded qualifications are required including an in-depth understanding of building systems and building envelope design.
• Strong knowledge of Specification Writing
• Strong knowledge of architectural design, engineering coordination, design trends, products, construction methodology, building systems, material application, and manufacturer-supplier appropriateness
• Strong knowledge of construction procedures and schedules
• Strong knowledge of building envelope components, interior plans and material requirements for institutional buildings
• Strong knowledge of building codes and ability to research and incorporate into technical documents
• Strong knowledge of sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and produce results within deadline
• Ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
• Ability to lead and mentor junior staff
• Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Bachelor’s degree in architecture, building science or equivalent in education or experience
• 10+ years in architectural practice with prior project management experience
• Actively involved with (or have an interest in) Professional Associations such as CSC, BCBEC etc.
• LEED accreditation or Green Associate preferred
• Construction Specification Canada certification preferred
Thinkspace offers a stimulating work environment with an emphasis on continuous learning and career advancement. Competitive compensation package is offered, including continuing education, professional membership dues and group health benefits plan.
If you’re interested in joining our team, please send your resume to email@example.com. Please include a cover letter clearly stating the position you are applying for. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls or drop-in enquiries please.