Everyone in our Store Development department has a common goal; to design, build and maintain stores that communicate Aritzia’s brand to the world.
As the Senior Design Development Manager, you will help carry out the vision of our Creative Store Design team and our brand by developing design items for our uniquely conceived store and office locations.
The Design Development role is all about design & build; to do this, you will have a natural curiosity in figuring out how things are made! Along the way, you will:
• Developing design items (ie. store fixtures, millwork units, hang racks, furniture, display cases, etc.) such that they achieve the desired aesthetic of the design intent; are efficient and cost effective to build and maintain; and are functionally optimized
• Developing detailed drawings and approved specifications, samples and/or prototypes for new design items leading development of specifications for new design items (or modifications of existing items) in a timely manner and cost- and build-efficient, and aiding in the construction of a coherent and concise “Design Development Set” for each project
• Managing projects and working in collaboration with the Store Development team, external vendors, manufacturers and consultants to determine how to build design items, produce samples and prototypes, and preliminary costing for new design items
• 5+ years’ experience in architectural technology and/or industrial design
• Post-secondary education in Architectural Science
• An understanding of design at both a micro and macro level
• Proven fluency using latest AutoCAD/Revit and 3D modelling software
• Excellent communication skills and strong skills in relationship building
Find out more about us at https://www.aritzia.com/en/aritzia/about-aritzia/about-us.html
HOW TO APPLY