EVOQ is an award-winning architecture firm recognized for quality interventions and site-sensitive design solutions. As one of Canada’s leading architecture firms, EVOQ strives to foster a positive learning environment and a collaborative workshop spirit to encourage employees to develop their skills and share their knowledge with their peers. Culture, history and technology underpin EVOQ’s architectural approach. Diversity, respect and work-life balance round out the firm’s culture and make EVOQ a rewarding place to work.
EVOQ is a recognized leader in heritage conservation and architecture in Inuit and First Nations communities. As part of our firm’s ongoing development, we are looking for a Senior Conservation Architect to work with the senior associate. Possessing at least 10 years of relevant experience and strong interest in conservation, restoration and rehabilitation of existing buildings to help build and serve our Toronto practice.
Our candidate is a team player, autonomous, problem solver, highly motivated and organized. Furthermore, the candidate is rigorous with documentation and has excellent communication skills.
If you are passionate about architecture and looking for new challenges, we invite you to send us your application.
Under the direction and supervision of the senior associate, the selected candidate will:
• Produce, manage and coordinate aspects of architectural projects through all their phases : heritage assessments, preparatory studies, exploratory openings, field surveys, reporting and documentation, planning, concept, design, contract documents (plans and specifications), budgeting, scheduling, tender, site review, contract administration and project close-out;
• Manage communications and relationships with team members, clients and external consultants throughout all project phases including attending, leading and minuting meetings;
• Participate in contract administration including site reviews, field reports, shop drawing and mock-up reviews, site instructions, etc.;
• Coordinate activities of multiple heritage conservators, consultants and team members;
• Coordinate plans and specifications with other project participants;
• Author reports, heritage evaluations and assessments;
• Participate in the firm quality control processes thorough all project phases;
• Participate in the writing and preparation of proposals.
• Post professional degree in Heritage Conservation or 10 years of practice in the field;
• Registered Architect in ON (active member of the OAA);
• At least 10 years of work-related experience in contract document production, in site review and contract administration;
• Computer skills: AutoCAD, Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Acrobat; and familiarity with Photoshop, InDesign, Revit;
• Knowledge of building codes, building envelope, building materials and specifications;
• Strong technical knowledge in construction detailing;
• Professional fluency in spoken and written English.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND CONTEXT
• Flexible working hours (37.5 hours per week);
• Work location: Toronto (St Lawrence Neighbourhood);
• Date of start of employment : As soon as possible;
• Competitive salary based on experience;
• A full range of benefits;
• Dynamic and stimulating work environment;
• An enviable employee training program focused on developing identified competencies.
Submit your application (cover letter, CV and portfolio) via email to the Human Resources department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank you for your interest in our firm. Do not hesitate to share this job offer
with friends and colleagues interested in new career opportunities.
All applications will be evaluated. Only selected candidates will be contacted.