6 month contract, leading to permanent full-time position
MTBA Associates Inc. is an Architecture, Urbanism and Conservation practice that delivers a range of projects for context-sensitive design of new and existing buildings. We lead and participate in design and analysis projects ranging from award-winning, nationally-significant high-value heritage buildings (Sir John A Macdonald Building, East Block, Parliament Hill, Château Laurier) to community centres (Brockville North Railway Park, Morrisburg Riverfront Park) to compatible urban infill (All Saints mixed use development of a heritage designated property). We work at the intersection of sustainability and existing/historic buildings, having written the National Guidelines on this subject: Building Resilience: Practical Guidelines for the Sustainable Rehabilitation of Existing Buildings in Canada.
Based in downtown Ottawa, MTBA offers our employees flexible hours, great variety of interesting projects and a friendly, studio-concept office.
As part of our continuing evolution and growth, we are looking for a critical thinker that is interested in contributing to our small office work culture and atmosphere. The ideal candidate will be a mature, personable teammate who is interested in and has experience working collaboratively on a range of tasks, along with undertaking self-directed activities.
The Project/Report Developer & Operations Coordinator will fulfill the following responsibilities:
• Architectural project proposal writing, along with RFP tracking and research;
• Technical report writing assistance for Architecture, Urbanism and Conservation projects;
• Edit and assure quality report writing;
• Office administration tasks including project organization and office management;
• Executive assistant activities;
• Maintaining online presence.
• Excellent English language writing skills;
• Excellent editorial skills;
• Experience in an architectural or other design office;
• Proven ability at proposal writing;
• Strong commitment to excellence and attention to detail;
• Proven problem solver with solid analytical skills;
• Exceptional time-management, prioritization skills and ability to multi-task;
• Ability to develop effective working relationships with peers and colleagues in a collaborative team
• Comfort working within a small office environment that produces National-level work;
• Proven ability at technical reports, ideally with experience in architecture, urbanism , conservation or
• Highly organized and passionate about achieving team excellence;
• Experience with Microsoft Office, Adobe InDesign;
• Experience undertaking research - archival and internet;
• Demonstrated flexibility in adapting to a wide variety of tasks and functions;
• Ability to work to rapidly changing and challenging deadlines;
• Ability to take initiative, work independently and also be a helpful, committed team member;
• Desire for continuous learning;
• Professional presence and positive demeanor;
• General office administration experience.
• French language skills;
• Architecture or related post-Secondary Graduate;
• Experience with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
Interested candidates should apply by email: email@example.com before March 6, 2018.
Please reference job title in the subject line, include a cover letter and resume, and ensure a contact name, phone number and email address are provided. Please include 3-5 references with contact info.