A highly innovative bilingual architectural firm, Larocque Elder Architects, Architectes Inc. (LEA) is seeking to hire qualified individuals to join our skilled team in providing the highest level of personalized, multidisciplinary architectural services to our clients throughout Northeastern Ontario.
If you are interested in a full-time career that positions you in a vibrant, dynamic, fast-paced environment that strives for creative and technical excellence; where skills, hard work and commitment are competitively compensated with benefits, we strongly encourage you to email us a résumé and portfolio.
Successful candidates will have a minimum of the following skill set:
• Membership in good standing with the OAA.
• Minimum five (5) years experience working in an architectural firm.
• Advanced knowledge of the Ontario / National Building Code, AODA, zoning by-laws and other
governing regulations. .
• Excellent design skills and sense of space and materials.
• Ability to act as a project lead / job captain and coordinate Institutional, Commercial and Residential
projects of various sizes, scales and complexities from project inception through to completion.
• Strong knowledge of construction methodology, materials application and interpretation of
• Well versed in reading and coordinating documents prepared by civil, structural, mechanical, and
electrical consulting disciplines.
• Experience preparing and coordinating specification documents.
• Working knowledge of AutoCAD or SketchUP.
• Construction administration and project management experience.
• Excellent English oral and written skills.
• Ability to work efficiently and with accuracy as part of both a collaborative team and individually.
• LEED accreditation, would be considered an asset.
Résumés and cover letter submission will be received by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Privileged information contained in submissions will be treated with complete confidentiality and information will not be disclosed.
We thank you for your interest in joining the LEA team. Interviewees will be selected based on a candidate's ability to demonstrate relevant experience and the required skills and knowledge outlined above. Compensation is commensurate with experience.