A highly innovative bilingual architectural firm, Larocque Elder Architects, Architectes Inc. (LEA) is seeking to hire qualified individuals to join our skilled team in providing the highest level of personalized, multidisciplinary architectural services to our clients throughout Northeastern Ontario.
If you are interested in a full-time career that positions you in a vibrant, dynamic, fast-paced environment that strives for creative and technical excellence; where skills, hard work and commitment are competitively compensated with benefits, we strongly encourage you to email us a résumé and portfolio.
Successful candidates will have a minimum of the following skill set:
• Graduate with a Master's of Architecture Degree.
• Able to register as an Intern Architect with the OAA.
• Strong knowledge of the Ontario / National Building Code.
• Experience working in an architectural firm preparing and coordinating construction drawings and
documents for Institutional, Commercial and Residential buildings.
• Highly proficient with AutoCAD.
• Strong knowledge of construction methodology, building assemblies, materials application and
interpretation of manufacturers' requirements.
• Ability to interpret and coordinate work of consultant disciplines including civil, structural, mechanical and
• Familiar with NMS specification format.
• Excellent oral and written skills.
• Ability to work efficiently and with accuracy as part of both a collaborative team and individually.
Membership in the OAA, LEED accreditation, and/or a working knowledge of SketchUp would be considered assets.
Résumés and cover letter submission will be received by e-mail to email@example.com. Privileged information contained in submissions will be treated with complete confidentiality and information will not be disclosed.
We thank you for your interest in joining the LEA team. Interviewees will be selected based on a candidate's ability to demonstrate relevant experience and the required skills and knowledge outlined above. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
*If you are a Bachelor of Architecture/Design CO-OP student interested in doing a placement at our firm, we encourage you to email us your résumé and portfolio. Employment positions for students are based on availability.