ABOUT OUR BÜRO:
We are a small - some would say ‘boutique’ - office in the heart of historic Ladner Village. Our studio has recently relocated to a mid-century bank building, freshly renovated and furnished to suit our energetic design culture.
The active projects in our studio are located mostly throughout the Metro Vancouver region, with some beyond. We see our projects as opportunities to evolve our design experience and move toward increasingly refined, contemporary, and innovative Architectural offerings in a variety of sectors.
- Our favourite software is Spotify, although we do design in Vectorworks
- Our favourite studio design feature is the reclaimed bank vault
- Our favourite office appliance is our Swiss espresso machine
- Our favourite furnishing is our long workbench. a few seats are still available
our favourite food is craft beer.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
- You will lead the technical development, coordination, and production of projects.
- You will be called on to wear many hats through the various phases of projects from early design sessions through to the completion of construction.
- You (and everyone else) will be expected to weigh in on the other projects being discussed around the studio with technical or design input.
- You should be able to tackle complex technical issues that arise during working drawing documentation or construction. We enjoy discussing challenges and ideas around the workbench.
Nobody’s an expert at everything. Here are some qualifications that we value.
- 3+ years of full-time architectural experience. BC experience is preferred.
- Mixed-use, multi-family, and civic experience is an asset.
- Our office is Apple based. If you speak Mac, that’s great. If not, we’ll teach you.
- We primarily work in Vectorworks and Mac-based office tools.
- Other software we use: Sketchup, Adobe Creative Suite, Bluebeam Revu, and yes, even a little AutoCAD.Passive House experience a plus; certification a super plus.
- You shouldn’t be a stranger to the vast array of rules and regulations we have to work with - municipal bylaws, codes, or best practice standards.
WHY YOU’LL ENJOY WORKING HERE:
- New Studio. Our Büro is fresh, new, inviting, and comfortable. We don’t have cubicles. We work along the workbench, in a space brightly lit by South Delta sunshine.
- Work-life balance. We developed a relaxed yet engaging office environment, and know when it is time to leave work behind to embrace the rest of life. A variety of patio restaurants, the public pier, and some great outdoor places are close at hand, and we encourage staff to take advantage. If you have a family or a commute that requires some extra flexibility, we will work to support you.
- Respect. We genuinely care about each other and value each other’s input, regardless of position or title. Frankly put, we enjoy an anti-asshole culture.
- Growth. BÜRO47 is small, dynamic, and growing. It is the perfect place for you to grow and develop your career!
- Benefits. We pay well, and offer benefits that are not limited to fixing physical health concerns. We know wellness, mental health, education, exercise, career development, mobility, and cocktails are also important.
- Personal Expression. Our studio features a prominently displayed zone for rotating exhibits and artistic display. This zone is owned by no-one, and its use is always up for discussion and change! We look for engaged individuals who will participate in the conversation about architecture in and around our communities.
We will review all submissions carefully, however we will only be reaching out to those selected for interview.
BÜRO47 is committed to inclusive principles of diversity and accessibility. We look forward to receiving applications from a wide range of awesome people! If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know!