EVOQ is an award-winning architecture firm recognized for quality interventions and site-sensitive design solutions. As one of Canada’s leading architecture firms, EVOQ strives to foster a positive learning environment and a collaborative workshop spirit to encourage employees to develop their skills and share their knowledge with their peers. Culture, history and technology underpin EVOQ’s architectural approach. Diversity, respect and work-life balance round out the firm’s culture and make EVOQ a rewarding place to work.
Intermediate Architect - Conservation, Restoration & Rehabilitation – Toronto, Ontario
EVOQ is a recognized leader in heritage conservation and architecture in Inuit and First Nations communities. As part of our firm’s ongoing development, we are looking for an Intermediate Conservation Architect with a keen interest in heritage building conservation and experience in conservation, renovation and rehabilitation projects. The ideal candidate has a thorough understanding of construction techniques; demonstrates confidence in planning, design and site review; and is distinguished by their experience, leadership qualities and professionalism. Possessing at least 5 years of relevant experience and strong interest in conservation, restoration and rehabilitation of existing buildings to help build and serve our Toronto practice.
We are searching for creative, motivated and energetic team members to complement our growing team.
The selected candidate will assume, under the supervision of the senior associate, the following responsibilities:
• Conduct heritage evaluations and studies;
• Participate in all phases of project development;
• Conduct of surveys and building condition assessments;
• Participate in the preparation of expertise reports;
• Prepare contract/construction documents;
• Identify and solve technical problems;
• Coordinate plans and specifications with other consultants and stakeholders;
• Participate in the management of the team and consultants;
• Conduct site supervision and contract administration;
• Perform other related duties as required
• Post professional degree in Heritage Conservation or 5 years of practice in the field;
• Registered Architect in ON (active member of the OAA);
• At least 5 years of work-related experience in contract document production, in site review and contract administration;
• Computer skills: AutoCAD, Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Acrobat; and familiarity with Photoshop, InDesign, Revit;
• Knowledge of building codes, building envelope, building materials and specifications;
• Strong technical knowledge in construction detailing;
• Professional fluency in spoken and written English.
• Autonomous and proactive;
• Rigorous, well organized and able to plan;
• Ability to learn quickly and thoroughly;
• Capable of working as part of a team;
• Capable of communicating effectively both orally and in writing
Working conditions and environment
• Flexible working hours (37.5 hours per week);
• Work location: Toronto (St Lawrence Neighbourhood);
• Date of start of employment : As soon as possible;
• Competitive salary based on experience;
• A full range of benefits;
• Company-paid OAA membership dues;
• Dynamic and stimulating work environment;
• An enviable employee training program focused on developing identified competencies.
Submit your application (cover letter, CV and portfolio) via email to the Human Resources department at email@example.com.
We thank you for your interest in our firm. Do not hesitate to share this job offer
with friends and colleagues interested in new career opportunities.
All applications will be evaluated. Only selected candidates will be contacted.