Tired of the downtown commute? Want to be part of a family oriented firm where everyone knows you by name and you have the opportunity to get involved in all aspects of a Project? Well look no further!
Thinkspace Architecture Planning Interior Design has been providing professional architectural services since 1963. With offices located in Surrey and Kelowna BC, we have built a significant portfolio of new construction, renovations, additions, upgrades and planning projects. These include civic, post-secondary, institutional and healthcare projects ranging up to $50 million in value. To learn more, please visit our website at www.thinkspace.ca
Our Surrey office is currently seeking a Healthcare Specialist to assist with the design, detailing and construction of a variety of institutional projects. Candidates must present comprehensive and well rounded qualifications, including;
- An inquisitive and rigorous design sense
- Understanding of and experience with major institutional projects, particularly related to Healthcare
- Familiarity with current trends in Healthcare planning and design
- In-depth understanding of building systems, including building envelope
- Understanding of and experience with sustainable design
- Experience and ability to manage a team and coordinate consultants
- Knowledge of the total design process, from concept through construction, with an understanding of different methods of project delivery
- Ability to plan, direct, and execute a set of design, tender and construction drawings and specifications
- Contract administration experience including field reviews
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently
- Knowledge of how to plan, schedule and track project timelines, budgets and milestones to ensure project progress is on schedule
- Proficient in AutoCAD. Working knowledge of Revit, Sketch-up or similar software would be an asset
- Project Management experience in an Architectural capacity is essential
The ideal candidate will have acquired these skills through a degree from an accredited post secondary institution, plus 5-10 years of experience working on a variety of institutional projects, with an emphasis on Healthcare. Priority will be given to highly self-motivated and self-directed candidates experienced and willing to take on all phases of the procurement process, and possessing the desire and ambition to take a leadership role in the firm. Registration with, or eligibility to be registered with the AIBC would be considered an asset.
Thinkspace offers a stimulating work environment with an emphasis on continuous learning and career advancement. Competitive compensation package is offered, including continuing education, professional membership dues and group benefits plan.
If you’re interested in joining our team, please send your resume along with a portfolio illustrating your work in PDF format to email@example.com. Please include a cover letter clearly stating the position you are applying for. Do not send links as they will not be opened.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls or drop-in enquiries please.