Our client is one of Canada's leading retailers, and they are seeking a Director to join their growing team.
In this role the successful incumbent will lead and oversee the design and delivery of production drawings to ensure effective delivery of the real estate capital plan. Working closely with the real estate team, the Director will oversee the team responsible for project deliverables and ensure that external architects and engineering teams are on schedule to deliver.
- Work closely with store planning and construction teams to develop project stats and analytics to ensure increased efficiency and improved project deliverables
- Create and develop construction phasing plans for new build and renovation projects nationally
- Develop design best practice through key learnings and leverage those learnings to establish recommendations for outsourced and internal resources
- Work with Design Managers to develop new architectural cost saving opportunities for implementation
- Evaluate the effectiveness of ongoing design programs and initiatives and make recommendations to senior business executives
- Bachelor of Architecture Degree
- 8+ years of experience with a minimum of 2 years specific to retail (preferably big box)
- Extensive experience with architectural plan reviews and drawing specifications
- Operational effectiveness with a variety of design software tools
- Exceptional business acumen and strong leadership skills
Some travel within Canada may be required (25 - 30%)
Our client offers a very competitive compensation package and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.