Moriyama & Teshima transforms and defines communities through meaningful explorations in architectural and landscape design. We are an internationally renowned but distinctively Canadian firm. We pride ourselves in the diversity of backgrounds represented by our staff as it informs how we design to bridge cultures in an increasingly interconnected world. Our work is primarily public and institutional and varies in scale from $200 million civic places to $1 million renovations. In our view, place-making is an act of passion: passion for land, nature, site and context; passion for people and experience; and passion for the power and possibilities of design.
Moriyama & Teshima’s Ottawa office has been located in the Byward Market area since 2006. Our office is an open studio defined by a fresh and collaborative design culture where input, contribution and accountability are sought and valued from every team member.
We are currently seeking a design oriented, industrious Intern Architect to contribute as a vital team member, assisting with all phases of our varied projects, from design development through contract administration. Scope of work will vary according to the skill level and experience of the candidate.
- Intern Architect or Registered Architect
- 3+ years of experience
- Proficiency in CAD, Revit, and other pertinent software including Sketchup, Photoshop, MS Office
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines
- Experience in construction document preparation
- Competent knowledge of building materials, specifications and construction techniques
- Experience in dealing with governmental agencies, building codes, and zoning ordinances
- Ability to communicate effectively with coworkers, clients, consultants, and contractors
- Knowledge of professional ethics applying to the practice of architecture
- Clearance through Contract Security Program is an asset
- French language skills an asset