Project Management for Architects - Toronto 2019
We are currently experiencing problems with the system for online registration. If you wish to register, please contact Camille Rivard at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thursday, January 24: 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM
Friday, January 25: 8:45 AM to 5:00 PM; Workshop: 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM
Saturday, January 26: 8:45 AM to 5:00 PM
Thursday, February 7: 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM
Friday, February 8: 8:45 AM to 5:00 PM; Workshop: 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM
Saturday, February 9: 8:45 AM to 5:00 PM
RAIC offering “Project Management for Architects” courses for those interested in the Project Management Professional (PMP)® Certification
This winter, the Royal Architectural Institute of Canada is offering project management courses for architects and interns in Toronto. These courses will provide both project management knowledge in the context of architectural practice as well as prepare participants for the Project Management Institute’s PMP® certification exam. The courses will include:
- Project management tools and templates for architectural practice;
- 35 hours of instruction plus a 6-hour practical workshop in which participants will learn to use the tools and templates;
- a premium PMP® certification exam preparation kit including textbook, study aids, online resources, and an online test question bank.
The RAIC’s Project Management for Architects course will:
- provide architectural interns, emerging practitioner, and emerging proprietors with a solid grounding in contemporary project management practices, tools and techniques, and
- prepare participants to write the Project Management Institute’s Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification exam.
At the completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Develop a project plan for a design project including work plan, schedule, bottom-up and top-down fee calculations, and risk management plan;
- Develop a stakeholder management plan for a design project;
- Relate architectural practice to the ten knowledge areas of contemporary project management body of knowledge, as described in PMI’s A Guide to the Project Management Body of knowledge (PMBOK® Guide);
- With additional study, write the Project Management Institute’s Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification exam.
- Convenient scheduling:
- The 41-hour course is offered over two weekends.
- Classes start on Thursday evening at 6 PM and end Saturday afternoon at 5 PM.
- 35 hours of instruction.
- 6 hours of workshop.
- Instruction and practice in the use of project management tools and templates for architectural practice.
- Velociteach’s ProQuip Premium PMP® Certification Exam study kit, including:
- The PMP® Exam: How to Pass on Your First Try textbook
- Flashcard App
- Conversations on the PMP® exam
- Quick Refence Cards
- Testing App
- Pass the Exam: 35 hours of online modules with over 500 practice questions
- Online testing simulator
- Online Process Explorer
- Formula Sheets
- Instructor experienced in architectural practice, project management, and education program development and delivery.
- 41 hours of structured continuing education with completion certificate;
- Integrating architectural practice with contemporary project management practice;
- Develop competency in providing project management services separate from or in addition to architectural design services; and
- Architects teaching architects.
Classes are limited to 25 participants. Each 41-hour course takes place over 2 weekends.
This course is offered in English.
B.Arch., MDE, OAA, MRAIC, PMP
Director, Practice Support/Director, Syllabus
Royal Architectural Institute of Canada
In addition to operating his own architectural practice for 20 years, Don Ardiel has developed and delivered project management programs, courses, and workshops for post-secondary institutions, architectural associations, and corporate clients. As the past-Director of Certification for the Project Management Institute’s South Western Ontario Chapter, Don helped hundreds of people prepare for the PMP® certification exam.
95 Wellington Street West, Suite 1400
Toronto, ON M5J 2M7
|RAIC Member Fee||$ 1.00 + $ 0.13 Sales Tax|
|Non-member Fee||$ 1.00 + $ 0.13 Sales Tax|