POP CAN CRIT 2018: The Business of Architecture in Canada
PCC2018 WEBINAR REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!
(To purchase tickets to attend in person in Vancouver, click here)
EVENT: Live-streaming webinar of POP // CAN // CRIT 2018 from Vancouver
WHERE: Simon Fraser University, Djavad Mowafaghian World Art Centre, Room 2555, Vancouver
WHEN: Friday, October 19, 2018 (8:30am-4:30pm PDT)
SCHEDULE: For a full description of the panel topics click here
How do the art of architecture and the art of business come together? How is the subject of business being taught within schools of architecture? What does it mean to practice architecture? What does success mean to the architect?
POP // CAN // CRIT 2018: The Business of Architecture in Canada will explore these topics and more through a series of panel discussions in a day-long symposium on October 19, 2018 in Vancouver. This is the third national symposium in a series that looks at contemporary topics related to the intersections between the public understanding, education and profession of architecture, specifically within our Canadian context.
The 2018 symposium will bring together leading architects, academics, media and business strategy personnel to discuss the business of architecture in Canada. Panel discussions will focus on how business topics are being taught in Canadian schools of architecture, how the art and business of architecture come together, how architects are finding their niche within the increasingly diluted design and construction industry, as well as how and whether architecture firms are succession planning – and what does that mean for the future of architecture in Canada.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Friday, October 12
NEW THIS YEAR: PCC attendees (both in-person and online) will be eligible to receive structured continuing education learning hours based on the number of hours attended (to a maximum of seven credits). Continuing Education Certificates of Attendance will be issued by the Royal Architectural Institute of Canada. Please consult your provincial association for the specific con ed requirements of your regulator.
WEBINAR REGISTRATION FEE: $100.00 plus applicable taxes
- To understand the influence and importance of critical writing, marketing, communications and the media, in relation to the business and practices of architecture, and how architecture is communicated to the public
- To define the ‘art of architecture’ and the ‘art of business’ within the practice of architecture in Canada
- To be able to apply established best practices that foster both architectural and financial success, so as to lead to both good design and business models
- To recognize the gender/equity gaps and their related issues and relate how sexism in the field of architecture can begin in the schools of architecture, leading to a “normalization” of the practice later on in ones work life
- To provide ways to address the issues and increase diversity in ones own practice
- To propose changes that need to take place within the profession to overturn such barriers
- To better understand the overlaps and divisions between the study and practice of architecture
- To suggest areas of growth within the education of professional practice, both at a degree and post-degree level
- To implement ways of better supporting interns and emerging practitioners in one’s own firm
|PCC2018 Webinar Registration|
|PCC2018 Webinar Registration (GST)||$ 100.00 + $ 5.00 Sales Tax|
|PCC2018 Webinar Registration (HST)||$ 100.00 + $ 15.00 Sales Tax|
|PCC2018 Webinar Registration (Ontario)||$ 100.00 + $ 13.00 Sales Tax|
|PCC2018 Webinar Registration (Quebec)||$ 100.00 + $ 14.97 Sales Tax|